TF201 Manual Firmware Update
There is an alternative way to get the updated firmware and Ice Cream Sandwich on your unit instead of doing it through firmware over the air.
- 2GB or higher Micro-SD card
- Fully charged TF201 Transformer Prime tablet
- 40 pin USB charger cable for the TF201 Transformer Prime
- PC with an internet connection to download the firmware file
- Power outlet to plug in the TF201 Transformer Prime
*We recommend that you back up any files that you have worked on before doing this step. You can sync it with a PC via the supplied USB cable or copy your data to a Micro-SD.
1. Check the Build Number by tapping Apps > Settings > About Tablet.
2. You should be able to see the build number. For example, US_epad-9.X.X.X_2012xxxx where the letters "US" means the build type. Please make sure you match your build type to the correct firmware update file.
3. On the other desktop PC or laptop PC, visit the ASUS Support Site at and go to the TF201 download page by entering TF201 in the Search By field.
4. Download the latest firmware file the corresponds to the Build Number you see in step 2.
5. Prepare a MicroSD card. Unzip the ASUS compressed firmware file to the root directory of the MicroSD card.
6. With your Eee Pad turned ON, insert the MicroSD card into the MicroSD card slot.
7. An exclamation mark appears in the notification area. Tap the mark.
8. A System Update File Detected message appears. Tap the exclamation mark to start the firmware update.
9. Select the update file you downloaded from step 1 and tap OK to continue.
10. The firmware update process takes about 10 minutes to complete. Tap OK to continue.
11. You Eee Pad automatically reboots and starts firmware update.
12. After rebooting your Eee Pad, you shall see the update success message popped up if the system has been updated successfully. Tap OK to close the message.